The Model Pastor
Paul on Pastoring
I Thess. 2:1-12
- BOLD to speak the Gospel (vs. 2).
- Willing to boldly proclaim the whole truth even if it brings CONFLICT or CONTENTION (vs. 2).
- EXHORTING without a hint of DECEIT or error, in holiness without personal UNCLEANNESS, and without GUILE or cunning (vs. 3).
- NOT SEEKING TO PLEASE MEN but speaking so as to PLEASE GOD who has entrusted the word of truth (gospel) into our care (vs. 4).
- REFUSING to use FLATTERING WORDS at any time to parishioners, counselees, or donors (vs. 5).
- REJECTING a COVETOUS spirit, not wrapping greed in a verbal cloak of righteousness (vs. 5).
- NOT SEEKING GLORY FROM MEN (vs. 6).
- GENTLE and AFFECTIONATE in spirit, comforting when appropriate, yet willing to EXHORT and passionately CHARGE or warn and implore as a father does his children (vs. 7, 11).
- PREACHING WITHOUT BEING AN UNDUE BURDEN (vs. 8-9).
- DEVOUTLY, JUSTLY and BLAMELESSLY BEHAVING (vs. 10).
- WALKING WORTHY of GOD who has called all who will hear and heed to His Kingdom and glory (vs. 12).
SAVE AMERICA Ministries
P.O. Box 70879 • Richmond, VA 23255
(804) 754-1822 • (804) 754-1823 FAX • www.saveus.org